Sunday 1 June 2014

Nearly Moved but not quite.......hang on, Change of Plan :0)

The plan was, pick up my post from the post office and move a bit further down the canal at the weekend.  That was the plan, but we all know what happens to the best laid plans..........

Friday I walk back to the post office to collect my post, it's not there.  No problem I thought, I can still collect it tomorrow and move after that.  I had to collect the chainsaw spark plugs anyway so it wasn't a wasted journey.  
Chainsaw now up and running and ready for any logs we come across. 

On my way back my phone rings, it's Yogi, he's moved the boat because we ran out of water!  We are now below the lock on the 48hr mooring. But that's ok because there's a washing machine there so I can do my whites. 
White washing now gleaming and clean :0).

Saturday, walk to the Post Office again, STILL not there!!  Buggeration, now have to wait till Monday to collect post. At least it's sunny :0)


 Cabin Ropes  available now :0)

Decide to have a plough at getting some listings done on ebay.  Have been making cabin ropes so wanted to get those listed as my tiller tassels are selling like hot cakes!!

Am doing really well, listings all done so get up to put the kettle on.  Yogi had gone upto Jim and Sheila's boat above the lock to give me some peace and I was making the most of it :0)

BANG!!! Stuff flies off the shelves and Judge shoots through the boat like a rocket to his hidey hole. We've just been Tboned by a hire boat!!  I quickly glance around make sure nothing's broken, all good there so I make my way out of the boat to see what's going on!!

A bright red hire boat is trying to reverse but the opposite bank is preventing him from going any further backwards. The very embarrassed lady on the front, while holding her rope as tight as she can for no apparent reason directs me to 'speak to him on the back, it's HIS fault'. 'What are you trying to do?' I enquired. It would appear they were trying to moor up for the night on the lock landing directly in front of the lock they had just come out of, which was in front of me.  What they had actually managed to do was turn the boat 90 degrees so it was basically pointing at the middle of mine giving it a good old bash in the process.....

OK, I explained they couldn't moor there as it was a lock landing, the bollards identified it as that and the best thing they could do was go through the next lock and moor in the pound above which was bigger with plenty of room for pirouetting ;0)

Sunday, blazing sun, lovely day. Am right in the mood for crafting!  Yogi mentioned about moving but I didn't want to, I wanted to play with rope!!!

 Me on the front of the boat in the shady bit that Yogi made me :0)

A couple of tiller tassels and keyrings later. I'm over the crafting craving. Have itchy feet now, am bored with Kidsgrove and want to live somewhere new. Only problem is my post. Yogi checks the canal map and there is a bus stop 9 locks down, we can go there and I can hop on the bus and collect my post easy peasy. 'Bugger this babes, let's go for a chug' 

He packs the shop up while I get my jeans and boots on then we're off. :0)

 The locks are very close together so it's not going to take long.  We are heading for Rode Heath (where the horse drawn boat was heading for the other day). That's where the bus stop is, so that's where we are going. 
Yogi cut his hair the other day with the clippers, he was a bit squiffy at the time ( I blame his home brew, a godsend and nightmare all wrapped into one package lol). Basically, he missed a line of hair down the centre of his head without realising, it was a perfect slither of Mohican. I laughed like a drain, but it looked so good he had to keep it that way :0). Now he is scaring the locals on the towpath cos he looks even more like a nutter than normal lol.
 Some of the locks have seen better days, they are all pairs of single locks on this bit of canal (Trent and Mersey). This ones gonna take more than a lick of paint to sort it out!!  
We were drawing near to our destination, so I asked the goddess of good mooring spots, could she sort out a nice space for us, somewhere busy with a lot of footfall. 
 We arrived outside The Broughton Arms Pub round about 5pm. In the last mooring spot, right opposite the pub. :0). The Beer Garden was busy with people laughing and watching the world go by on the canal.  Seems a good place to set up shop for a couple of days :0). Thank you mooring spot goddess, whoever you are xxxxx

 











No comments:

Post a Comment