Sunday 22 April 2018

Getting The Stock & Stall Ready For The Season Ahead

The last few days & weeks have been devoted to preparation.  Finding & ordering lovely new things.  Unpacking and checking deliveries, which is always exciting!!  Making new items for the coming season & testing out ideas for new ranges.  

Unfortunately, with a lot of Fair Trade Clothing, size is an issue, a lot of the clothing items do come up on the small side.  Extra Large is not very Large, and Small is very, very small.  With this in mind,  I have tried my best to get as many 'Free Size Items as I can, I want to be able to cater to the more voluptuous customer and have ordered XL/XXL & XXXL where ever possible (hoping that some of the lovely things I have purchased to sell may even fit me)!

Some do, and some don't, but as I said, the manufacturers idea of XXL and mine are still a long ways apart.  'One size fits all' - fits not quite all unfortunately.  

So, to the first goal of my new blog.  To reduce my body so it will fit into 'one size fits all' clothing.  Today I ate my first grapefruit in approximately 15 years! Well, its a start.....

That said, having spent the last 15 years or so of my life as a big girl I have learned how to adapt and overcome. This is why I am a big fan of the Poncho.  It will pretty much fit anyone, comes in many different weights of fabric, hides a multitude of sins and is comfortable to wear. 

I have a few different styles and designs available and will be making them available to purchase online in the near future.  If you can wait that long, just make a comment or send me an EMAIL and I will send you some photos.

I have also been making a lot of stock items and as I have a very short attention span as well as 'tangentitis' (prone to heading off on a tangent every 5 minutes).  I spend my days flitting from one thing to another, to another, to another and so on. 


Today I have mostly been playing with tumble stones.  I have been experimenting with different ways of fixing my handmade wire pendant bails to different tumble stones and am quite pleased with the results so far.  I use non tarnish silver plated artistic wire to make my bails.  

This is one of my designs on a piece of Tigers Eye.  I just need to pull it about a bit in a week or so, make sure the glue is up to the job.  Once I am happy I will make an adjustable knotted cord to hang it on and it will be available to purchase.

Tiger eye is the birth stone for Gemini and is a warm stone with rich sunny, golden and brown colours.  

I find it a hard one to resist picking up.  It is said that it can help with boosting your strength of conviction,  courage, self-esteem and confidence in your abilities.  Which would make a lot of sense to me.  Being self employed can be stressful at times and perhaps the Tigers Eye just offers me that boost at times when I need it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment