Wednesday 27 June 2012

Marple flight to Bosley Flight

Lock 9 Where the brain woke up
How to occupy your mind whilst doing 16 lock flight and will my sewing machine work on our little plug in inverter? 
These were the main subjects occupying my brain this morning. I decided that percentage of flight completed would sufficiently excersice the brain cells and started trying to work out what 1 lock would be as a percentage.  By lock 2 I had given up and decided in fractions instead lol.
4/16 into the flight donna called me and I spent the next 3/16 of the flight on the phone to her. 
Special Horse Shaped Tunnel
Locks 7 -10 were pretty uneventful. But at lock 9 my brain woke up and I finally managed to work the percentage thing out by halving down from 100.  I made it 6.25% per lock. The pound between 10/11 was completely empty and BW were already there sorting it out when we got there. 11/16 into the flight and I would happily have killed for a cup of tea!   
At 15/16 I accidentally closed the lock gate in front of Yog, before he had even got in the lock! Lol. To say I was tired by that time would have been an understatement!  I was very glad the flight was nearly over as I was starting to make stupid mistakes and that's when it gets dangerous.  The end of the Peak Forest was in sight and I was pleased as punch to see it.  My photo is a bit blurry, but so was I by then!!


This is the view of the last lock in the flight
and very relieved I was to see it too!!
Directly after 16/16 there is a stone bridge and through it lies the start of the Macclesfield Canal and a well earned rest for me as there wasn't a lock for ages!!
I believe there are 28 miles of uninterrupted canal only punctuated by a 12 lock flight at the centre(ish).
We stopped briefly at the water-point and utilised the facilities whilst the kettle was boiling for the cup of tea I had been dreaming about for the last 2 hours!!  
Yog headed off again very much in mission mode and I, now with my second wind chose to potter in a boat-wifey way inside for as long as it took to get to where we were going.  First job was to see if the sewing machine did work on the plug in inverter.  YES, blinding it works so I can have a play without turning the genny on now, the idea of which gives me much pleasure!




No comments:

Post a Comment