Tuesday 27 March 2012

Normal Service Resumes


Tues 27th March 2012 - 


Donna cycled down to see us again today.  You have to hand it to her, cycling all that way just for a coffee!!

There is light at the end of the tunnel today, there was a tweet that we should get some information regarding the locks re-opening by lunchtime. The lock closure is back down to the area between Sturts and Actons  so we have everything crossed.  Every time my phone makes a noise, Yog looks at me like a kid on xmas morning waiting to be told he can open another present!

He sits on the sofa giggling to himself, this is never good.  'What?' I ask.
'Nothing'  he says in a SO not nothing tone of voice.  'Its bad' He goes onto say ' but I don't suppose you know where my latex severed arm is do you?'


Moving swiftly on, my mate Pamela also got so frustrated she even phoned BW to try and find out what was going on! lol I can just imagine the conversation that went on...'No, I don't have a boat, my friend does and she is stuck and its all your fault for not opening the lock for her!....' 

But at 4.08pm it happenned.  I checked my tweets for what seemed like the hundreth time  and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw the words: The Regents Canal is now open again.  Thanks to @wordonthewater & everyone else for your patience.  Has been frustrating for everyone.'
I think we had both got used to the idea that we wouldn't be moving anytime soon so it came as a bit of a shock but within 2 minutes, I was on my bike and Yog was on the tiller, paranoid that they may change their minds overnight so we were going now, right now!!
Back through Old Ford Lock and upto Actons, I got there just as the BW guy was unchaining the gates.  Texted Pam the good news only to get the reply ' I told them to open the lock!!' lol

So, the journey had started again, near enough a week to the day that it came to an almighty halt.  

We were quite stressed out whilst going through the effected pound, seeing as what had been going on there for the previous week and I think we both felt a lot of relief that we were finally on the move again.  The sun was still shining and we had a couple of hours of daylight to get as much distance as we could between us and Actons Lock.


No comments:

Post a Comment