Wednesday 21 March 2012

Stuck

Things ain't all that bad
20-21st March 2012


Even though we are stuck here for the foreseeable future, the weather is very warm and sunny and I found a shop that sold Desperados!! There was quite a lot of police in little boats going up and down the river looking for body parts as well as walking the towpath with BW employees.  One of which stops Yogi while he was on the back doing man stuff to ask ‘ You haven't found a head by any chance have you?’

Apparently the divers had found 2 legs so far so they were heading in the right direction.  (No pun intended).    



My mad mate Donna came to visit me today.  She cycled here!!  Given, when we were texting she didn't actually realise I was in London, she thought I was still on the Lee.  But seeing she is such a keen cyclist with more than a few screws loose, she cycled 30 miles to meet me for a coffee anyway. I suggested that she could start long distance cycling and meet me once a week each time I would be further north but she wasn't having any of it!! lol - Love you Donna, you nutter!!!


Probably the only wall without any graffiti on it!!
Cycled down to Actons Lock to see if there was any news, Yog had spoken to one of the BW workmen this morning and they didn't think the lock would be open for at least a week :0(  The Policeman I found said pretty much the same thing.


On my way back from the Lock I popped into a friends Book Barge at Broadway Market, 'Word on the Water'.  Its a dutch barge converted into a book shop and it is STUNNING!!  Highly recommend seeking it out if you are in the area.  I found a book with fruit recipes which I cant wait to have a play with.


1 comment: