Tuesday 10 July 2012

Hard Days Slog

Tues 10th
8am start today. Had disgustingly early night last night and was actually up, awake and ready to go this morning. Heavy day today. Need to get through 20 locks and 11 miles to stay on track to arrive at little Venice for Friday.
Felt fine till something went ping between my shoulder blades half way through the first lock. Not the best day for it to happen but these things never save themselves for a convenient time do they.
2 Ibuprofen and a strong coffee later I was soldiering on looking as stiff as windy miller opening the paddles lol.
Plus more pressure from the Olympics. Just received an email stating the lee is closed between Ramney Marsh and Waltham Town between 23/27th due to the Olympics. That's when we were planning to come back through with Viking So we now have to get turned around in less than 4 days, 2 if they're not working weekends!!  Short Blog today, too busy doing locks!!



Weds 11th


Up at 6.30, off by 7am. Another 20 locks today to stay on track for London.  Am starting to feel like Yogi's Lock slave, and not in a good way either!!  The rain was supposed to start at 10am but we were lucky and managed to avoid it till 1pm when it hailed down like there was no tomorrow.  We both got soaked through to the skin as we were in a lock at the time and totally unprepared for it lol 
I still had no word from BW/Cart  which was causing me stress and starting to make me feel sick.  I had been reading various forums and I wasn't the only one waiting for a call.  Finally, after lunch the call came and I immediately felt better.  Passage is now booked for Sunday/Monday.  We have been working so hard to get to  London if we had had to wait till after the Olympics I would have been devastated. One good thing I noticed today was that the blackberries are nearly here and it will be crumble time very soon :0).

No comments:

Post a Comment