Thursday 26 July 2012

Two Days in the Sun

Little Union Canal

Yesterday we travelled 13 miles and 25 locks. Canal planner said it would take 10 hours, 10 minutes we took 11.5 hours. We were in Rickmansworth by 10am and Yogi noticed the Little Union Canal .  'A miniature working model canal next to Batchworth Lock shows how a lock and canal works – should visitors be unlucky not to see the real thing! A handy substitute as it takes about 40,000 gallons of water for a canal boat to pass through a lock the size of Batchworth!The Miniature Canal is open to the public at selected weekends throughout the summer.'

On the way to the High Street


We stopped briefly here so I could nip to the chemist to try and get Yogis prescription, I had been having trouble as one of the items always needed to be ordered.  I thought I would try Boots as they are normally pretty good but as it turns out, they would have needed to order it as well.  So i decided to find the number for Boots in Berkhamsted and called them to order it in ready for me to collect tomorrow.  They were happy to do this for me so 'Ronni Points' to Boots the Chemist.   

Three Horseshoes Canal Side Pub

Mark has been doing all the locks and I have been taking it easy. In the afternoon I wasn't feeling all that good at all and by the concerned looks on the men's faces I must have looked pretty bad too! I did try and help at one point but ended up with pains in my chest which were pretty nasty. So I was ordered into the boat to lay down and rest with my legs in the air. Puppy kept an eye on me whilst the men ploughed on. We ended up at the Three Horseshoes for a couple of pints and a plate of rather delicious pub grub each. This was most welcome as I didn't really feel up to cooking and we all needed a beer after such a hot day.

Floppy Hat Sun Shade
So today I am on sit down and do nothing duties. It feels really odd just sitting in the sun, but every time I go to get up and help Yogi gives me a stern look that gets me sat back down in an instant lol. Not allowed today. Better safe than sorry I suppose. I feel loads better today, very tired but better. I have no idea what was up with me yesterday but it's definitely took the wind out of my sails. Sunbathing it is then, Yogis orders.


It is UBER hot today, as was yesterday. We had to start the genny and put the electric fan on for puppy as he was proper suffering poor little lamb.  Today is better inside the boat though, have left all the blinds down and windows and hatches open and no fan is needed inside which is good.  It feels hotter today though which is odd.  


Men in Mission Mode - -Serious Stuff!!
I found the number for booking Blisworth Tunnel, we are going to try for a Saturday 8am passage which means we have a hell of a lot of distance to cover between now and then.  But hey, its sunny, we have tea and biscuits so 'why not go that little bit further than we are able to'.  lol I love Yog's way of thinking.  The passage is booked, all we have to do is get there..........
Yum Yum!!
4.30pm and we are nearly through Tring and heading towards Bluebells Cafe for a much deserved hugely fattening and probably overpriced Ice Cream.
But WOW, was it worth it!!! :0)  
Some Much Needed Shade


No comments:

Post a Comment