Sunday 8 July 2012

Mission 2 - Be careful what you wish for.......

Left over piece of Tunnel lol


8th July
True to form, Yogi is ready to set off Sunday morning and not Monday morning as we had agreed previously!! lol.
Was wondering what on earth I could blog about today as have already told you about this bit of canal but so much has happened I'm spoilt for choice!! 






Beer 'O' Clock!!
Anyway, as I said. On the start of toady's journey I was sitting on the boat wondering what to blog about. We had just entered the Blisworth Tunnel and I decided to have a play with the video thing on my phone. I still haven't worked out how to edit them or get them on line yet so I thought I would have a play. I was videoing my hangy things swinging about. (I made myself laugh then!!! Lol not THOSE hangy things, my ornaments and plants of course!!). When I was bored with that, I looked about for something else to record that's when I spotted a headlight in the distance 'cool' I thought 'I can video that'. So with my best commentators voice I started to record proceedings and this is what happened.............

           **Click Here for My First Video!!**


After the excitement in the tunnel subject for blog was no longer a problem lol.
Next point of call is Stoke Bruerne, and the flight of locks there.   It's normally quite busy there as its a local attraction with the canal, cafes, museum and pubs.  Today was extra busy though, all moorings full of boats, some two a breast. As we approached the top lock a very large gathering of people came into view. All brightly dressed, skipping about waving their arms in the air. As we got closer it became apparent they were Morris dancers!!. (I love Morris Dancers, not sure why, I just do). Not just one group of them but at least ten!! It was like being an extra in the Wiccaman!! Quite funny but creepy at the same time. They were having some kind of dance off wars frantically jingling and skipping about, each trying to out do the other!! Like I said, pretty surreal. We decided the only thing to do in this situation was go get a pint and watch the proceedings unfold.
We spent the next couple of hours people watching and wandering aimlessly looking at the boats surrounding us. It was a most unexpected and welcome rest.  We even found Geraldine and Mike on the Cheese Boat again and stocked up on Black Bomber and a new discovery, Ginger Spice. Yum yum yum.


9th July  
Running Sculpture in Milton Keynes Housing Estate
Here Be Shops.....
Not much to say about today, was chugging in a big way to cover some ground.  We stopped briefly in Milton Keynes so I could get to the Post Office and post some parcels.  We are starting to learn that if there are boats moored en mass that normally means there is a shop nearby and sure enough there was lol

No comments:

Post a Comment