Friday 13 July 2012

No pictures just words.

Sorry folks, no pictures today, just words.
Thursday 12th
Up and out by 7 again!! 21 locks to do today and most of the day rain free, with luck!! Bloody hope so, my jeans were still damp from yesterday and my bum is wet from the dew on the lock gates!! Come on sun, I need to dry my bum!!
We've picked up a newbie boater called Mick whose on his way to London too so we can share the lock load which is cool. Also makes the time go loads quicker.
Even though I spoke to Bw yesterday I still havnt had my confirmation email yet, which is a worry but if they can't get their act together it's not my fault is it.
Had a rather disapointing burger and chips at lock 81 and a well deserved posh coffee :0) while working the lock after lunch i was accosted by a chap on his bicycle apparently he was the local waterways chaplain and he wanted to give me a leaflet, in case I ever needed him. I politely explained that I had my own faith and didn't need the leaflet and he would be better off giving the planets rescourses to someone who was interested or looked like they needed it. This did not deter the chaplain who insisted I have it suggesting I could use it to light my fire!! He then proceeded to ask me if I wanted anything from god today as he had a direct line to him. I replied 'no rain today would be good, ask him for that.' The Weather is holding out so far, so we will see.
Getting into the groove with the lock sharing now, only 8 more to go then I get a couple of days off. Yog loves it too as he doesn't have to keep stopping for those pesky locks!!

Friday 13th
OMG just realised its Friday 13th!! Hopefully it means nothing but it does make you feel uneasy doesn't it!
We got as far as uxbridge lock yesterday before hunger forced us to stop. It started raining when we still had 6 locks to go so yesterdays chaplain must have had no signal or something. We did have a god send in another way in the shape of Kev Chinese Med who passed us while we were working the lock. He was on his way to sainsbury's. We had spotted him on the towpath just above Denham Deep Lock where he was moored with a few boaters including jackie on Ambler It was funny watching the recognition appear on their faces as we passed them pointing and shouting 'Kev' 'Jackie'in their direction. Lol. Sadly though, We only had time for a brief chat as we wanted to get past the last 3 locks before we collapsed in opposing heaps on the sofa. Dinner had been discussed at great lengths during the day and we both had a hankering for sainsbury's macaroni cheese so had been looking out for a sainsburys for the past few hours but hadnt seen one :0( So to find out Kev was on his way there was unnaturally exciting to both of us!! When he uttered those magic words 'do you need anything?' we looked at each other both thinking the same thing and without hesitation replied in unison 'macaroni cheese!!'lol. That's why we stopped a lock early, the call of macaroni cheese!!
So, today we are left with 1 lock to do and then apx 23 miles of lock free water. Brilliant for me as I can now potter happily for the next day or so. Not so good for yog as the slog carries on regardless for him. Am still waiting for my confirmation email from cart. Had no chance of getting anything out of them yesterday as most of the staff were out at one launch party or another to celebrate the first official day as a charity.
I can't help thinking they have their priorities out of order. The exclusion zone is in a mess, facilities within it are non existent and they are off partying. Someone needs to get a handle on this and quick !! Finally got the email at 3.30pm, what a relief all that hard work hasn't been for nothing.
We got as far as Camden tonight, moored on the visitor moorings with 2 other boats ready for the locks to open at 8am.



No comments:

Post a Comment