Saturday 7 April 2012

Easter Holidays

06/07 April 2012
Cycled and Walked 3.5miles backwards and forwards to the shops lol


We have moved off of the 2 hour mooring outside Tescos and are now nearer the lock, just past Wyvern Holidays.  Bright blue narrowboats for hire, all going out today for the Easter Weekend, passing us, all day, in the wind and rain!!  


We don't mind the rain too much but the wind is another matter.  As there are so many boats moored up in line along the towpath, moving slowly past them in 15mph winds isn't easy and doesn't help Yogs mood, so we don't do it.  Much better for all concerned that way.


We've also got no telly!! So have been using Lovefilm.com to watch various programmes, today's series of choice is Absolutely Fabulous!! Love Patsy and Edina (That's me and Pam that is lol)


My New Bike!!!
Good Friday today so no shops open for foraging. Only found this out AFTER cycling up to the centre.  The bike shop was open though so I got a new bike!! LOL
Plus, I sold my old one pretty much straight away to another boater when I arrived back at the boat all pleased cos I'd bought a new one. So I had to walk back to get it LOL
Cycled up to Tesco (on my new bike lol) and filled my panniers to the brim with shopping, so should have enough of the basics for the month bar fresh bread, meat and milk.  Moved some weight around on the boat and managed to fill another black bag with rubbish (ongoing de cluttering mission).


As I have more time on my hands I have had a look on canal planner and worked out the  total distance travelled so far is 80 miles, and 88 locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment