Tuesday 3 April 2012

Who Killed Bambi? - Not for the faint hearted

03/04/12
Please note I didnt take a picture of the actual deer,
this is just an illustration!
Cow Roast Lock


Once the tea was made and Yog and Pete discovered they had hobbies in common ;0) the mood chilled and we waited till the gates were unlocked to allow us to set off again.


Hoorah, BW's here and the chains are coming off!!


I went up to the lock and waited for them to bring the boats in.  While I was standing there, a man on the opposite side of the lock to me pointed out something floating in the lock and asked 'What do you think that is? I think its a deer.'  I had a look and couldn't really tell.  I thought I could make out some ears under the water but it was such an odd bloated shape I didn't really know.  I thought it best to advise Yog and Pete as they entered the lock as there wasn't really anything else I could do.


Pete entered the lock first and I pointed out the gaseous beach ball floating inside and said what we thought it was.  This freaked Pete out a tad and he spent the next 5 minutes attempting to avoid it whilst screaming like a big girl and zig-zagging inside the lock in a manner I have never seen before in my life! lol
I was laughing so much I couldn't explain to Yog what was occurring and he had to wait till he entered the lock to discover that the nauseating smell inside had been caused by Pete eventually managing to squash and burst the poor thing at the side of his boat,  all over one of his fenders.  
This happened he said,  because of his effort to avoid getting it caught in his prop as he had visions of legs flying everywhere!  
The smell was so bad Pete was gagging, which in turn made me gag and Yog had to finish the lock.  It was all very smelly and horrible and not a good start to negotiating the summit.  But it was bloody funny!!





No comments:

Post a Comment