Sunday 1 April 2012

Nessie Spotted on the GU

01/04/12
North Grove Lock 71, Abbotts Langley - Fishery Lock 63, Feldon
11 Locks - 4 Miles - 4 Miles cycled


If you hadnt already noticed, I have been writing the last few days postings in hindsight and I have hit a bit of a problem.  


I dont remember much of this day at all! lol


I thought I had cycled the whole stretch as I remember arriving at Fishery Lock, but if that is the case, how was I inside the boat to take this photo?



I rekkon this was one of the first locks Yog has done on this trip, thats why I took a picture of it (Prepare for correction to appear later lol)


Mind you I find it more tiring being on the boat than cycling ahead, so I'd better keep my mouth shut incase he decides hes going to do a stint on the towpath!!




I love the randomness of the river.  You never know what you are going to see next!!


Another thing I did think was funny.  We were basically parallel to Hoddesdon, where we started 16 days ago.  It would have taken us 30 mins to drive the 24 miles to Hemel.


Talk about taking the scenic route!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment