Thursday 5 April 2012

Ticking All the Boxes


Our Journey So Far
05/04/12 
Easter Weekend, Crap Weather We're not going anywhere!!


After Nips visit last night following a very long few weeks let alone days.  We decided to have a bit of time off. We were next to everything we needed for the next few days and now we were the right side of Tring with all of its problems behind us we could start to relax and enjoy our holiday!


As I have a bit more time on my hands I checked on canal planner and worked out the  total distance we have travelled so far.  It's 80 miles, and 88 locks. 


Well, as you can probably guess, it wasn't that long before I was out exploring.  I had my panniers full of washing and needed a laundrette and that's where I was heading.   
My trusty iphone app told me there was one half a mile away (yes I know you have heard this one before but, ha ha!! this time I found it!!).  Linslade Launderette, £9.00 and just over an hour later my panniers were full to bursting with clean soft and WARM dry washing.  I tell you when I openned that drier I had to physically stop myself from leaning right into it and going AHHHHHHHHH!!!!.
Dorvic Cycles on the High Street
Then I made my way into the town centre, it's really nice here, an old market town with a really friendly atmosphere and 7 charity shops!! I only got a skirt and shorts for me and t shirt for Yog as my panniers were already full of washing lol!!


I also spotted a cycle shop where I got a new bike pump to replace the one that had been stolen in Mile End.  All I needed to do now was get some food  shopping from Tesco and all the days boxes would be ticked,
Christian was visiting us today and I would just have enough time to drop my washing off and nip to Tesco  for supplies before he arrived.




No comments:

Post a Comment